Highcross is the glamorous heart of Leicester and home to one of the country’s most popular shopping destinations. See more on their website!
LEICESTER VENUE MAP
LEICESTER VENUE FAQs
What are the opening hours?
Box office opens at 10:30am on Wednesday to Sunday
The box offices closes at 4pm. The final session goes in at 4pm, with the exhibition closing at 4:30pm
What are your COVID Secure Measures?
• From 14 September 2020 it will be against the law to meet people you do not live with in a group larger than 6 (unless you are meeting as a household or support bubble – please refer to the Government guidance for more information on exemptions). This applies indoors and outdoors and includes when visiting exhibitions.
• From 18 September 2020, as part of the Government Test and Trace initiative, all visitors MUST also provide their individual contact details. This is a Government requirement.
• Arrive at your allotted time slot – you can arrive any time within the slot, but not before or after.
• Always follow the one-way route in place and maintain a two-metre distance from other visitors. Please be respectful of your fellow visitors and our staff and volunteers.
• If there are children in your family group, please ensure that they are supervised throughout your visit to Brickman.
• Please make sure you are following up-to-date Government guidance on meeting up with friends and family who are not part of your household.
We are working with safety professionals who have advised us and risked assessed the re opening of the Brickman event. The relaunch has taken into account all of the government legalisation, regulation and advise, and therefore does of course mean that the look and feel of the event will be slightly different. Unfortunately the interactive play area has been suspended until it is safe for it to be reintroduced.
If you have any of the symptoms of COVID you must not come to the exhibition.
As you come to the unit in which the event is being held you may be asked to wait for a few moments as we will only be able to allow a limited number into the shop to allow for Social distancing. We have adjusted your time slots accordingly to prevent any build up of people so you can maintain social distancing.
On arrival you will find plenty of opportunity to clan your hands with the correct sanitiser. You will be asked before entry to complete a form for NHS track and trace, this will contain the name of the lead in the party, the number entering and a working contact number. These will be held for 21 days then destroyed.
All persons over the age of 11 will be required to wear face marks (unless you have a medical condition) which excludes you from doing so.
Once inside you will be free to move around the exhibits following a oneway system where you will find 2M markers on the floor to help with social distancing.
I have Tickets from April, how can I use them now?
All existing ticket holders will have received an email or two from Tixel with different instructions telling them how to rebook their tickets or get a refund. Remember to check your spam folder if you cannot see them in your inbox.
Sat nav users, please use post code LE1 4AN. For the John Lewis car park, please use LE1 4QJ and for the Rooftop car park, please use LE1 4FY.
If arriving from the M1, leave the motorway at junction 21 or 22. Then follow signs towards the city centre. Vehicle entrances are on Vaughan Way turning onto Free School Lane (by Nandos) and via St Nicholas Circle turning onto Free school Lane. Please note we have a height restriction of 1.98m.
Tariffs start at £3.50. View the Highcross website for full details
Pedestrian access is via the 24 hour corridor entrance in St. Peter’s Square opposite Costa when the centre is closed. Doors are open 24hrs a day every day.
We have 70 designated disabled parking bays located on all levels.
We have 28 dedicated family spaces available on all levels.
Find 6 Pod Point electric vehicle charging bays on level 1, free of charge.
Shopmobility service operates from level 2 during centre opening hours.
What are the transport options?
Coming by bus, train, bike or car? It’s easy to find your way to the centre.
The designated coach pick-up points are:
• Causeway Lane
• Charles Street North
• Charles Street South Parking
• Granby Street
• Queen Street
• Queen Street Parking
• St Georges Street Parking
Leicester train station is a 10-minute walk from the centre, and has links to all major cities across the UK.
There are 284 bicycle storage points for you to use around Highcross, including our undercover storage area near the John Lewis car park entrance.
BY PARK & RIDE
Three park & ride schemes operate Monday to Saturday, 7am-7pm:
• 103 – Meynell’s Gorse Service (Ratby Lane, Braunstone Crossroads LE3 3LF). This service takes you to St. Nicholas Circle only.
• 203 – Enderby Service (Leicester Lane, Enderby LE19 2AB). This service takes you to St. Nicholas Circle.
• 303 – Birstall Service (Loughborough Road, Birstall LE4 4NP). This service takes you to Haymarket (Clock Tower) and Causeway Lane.
What is the price for tickets?
Standard (Ages 14+) – £11.20
Child (Ages 4-14)- £8.96
Child under 3- Free
Family of 3 Ticket per person- £9.71
(Minimum of 1 child and maximum 2 adults. Must arrive together.)
Family of 4 Ticket per person- £8.40
(Minimum of 2 children and maximum 2 adults. Must arrive together.)
All tickets include fees. Book your tickets here!
Can you buy tickets at the door?
Yes, tickets will be available however we strongly encourage you to buy tickets before you arrive so ensure you can secure tickets for your preferred session time. We cannot guarantee that tickets will be available for all sessions at the door. We are cashless and accept credit and debit cards.
Are we able to take photographs?
Most definitely, although we would ask for no commercial photography.
Will Ryan be at the event?
Unfortunately due to his busy schedule, at this point Ryan won’t be able to attend the exhibition. If this changes we’ll announce any opportunities to meet Ryan on our social media.
I purchased tickets online – do I need a copy of the paper ticket to gain entry?
Please have a version of your e ticket on your phone or a hardcopy on arrival.
Do senior cards qualify for discounts?
Are carer card holders admitted free?
Yes, we offer free Carer tickers. To request a Carer ticket please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the age limit for children’s tickets?
14 and under. Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult within the exhibition. Children under 3 are free.
Is food and drinks allowed?
Food and Drink is not allowed into the Exhibition.
Is there an area to leave personal belongings?
Are there cash machines nearby?
There are many cash machines located within Highcross Shopping Centre
Is there wheelchair and pram access?
We are fully wheelchair & pram accessible with lifts within Highcross Shopping Centre